Wonderful day, waking up to fresh snow over the tulips. God blessed us with a fun morning playing in the snow up Big Cottonwood Canyon. We saw people snowboarding and skiing down from Kessler Peak. There were no crowds!
- DESCRIPTION: Park at Mill D South Fork up Big Cottonwood Canyon. Hike the cabin road up .8 miles where you'll see a closed restroom. This is the Summer trailhead to Doughnut Falls. We choose to go up the trail to the falls on the left, and return on the Cardiff Mine road on the right, making a loop. On the trail, look for the foot bridge. Near the falls be careful, or you may fall into the deep stream bed. Some of us climbed up the the top of the falls.
- RATINGS: Moderate
- May be too dangerous for children by the stream and falls.
- MILEAGE: 1.6 miles to falls
- ELEVATION GAIN: 490' e.g.
- HIKE TIME: Allow 3 hours from the Big Cottonwood Canyon road.
- GEAR: Snow shovel, water, energy food, sunscreen, camera, wear layers,
- WATERSHED: No dogs allowed in Big Cottonwood Canyon
- DIRECTIONS: Big Cottonwood Canyon begins at Wasatch Blvd & Fort Union Blvd, in Salt Lake City, Utah. Drive up the canyon 9 miles and park at the pull off at Mill D South Fork.