God gave us an awesome hike with cool mountain breezes! We saw Mirror Lake and Provo River falls afterwards. What a great way to escape the 100 degree weather.
DESCRIPTION: Enjoy a rocky adventure to a summit overlooking beautiful Mirror Lake. Bald Mountain offers a great panorama of the Uintas.
MILEAGE: 2 Miles to summit, 1,250 elevation gain
HIKE TIME: 3 1/2 hours
KIDS hike this trail, but must be watched because of steep exposure.
RESTROOM available at the trailhead
- From SLC, drive up I-80 eastbound;
- take US 40 south;
- take the Kamas/Park City exit &
- turn left traveling east to Kamas,
- turn left in Kamas
- then turn right on the Mirror Lake Highway,
- travel east on Highway 150,
- make sure you buy a rec pass at the entrance booth,
- at the Bald Mountain pass (approx 29 miles)
- turn left into trailhead parking.
FEE: Mirror Lake Recreation Pass is $6 per vehicle for a 3 day pass or $45 annual. They don't sell one day passes.
GEAR: You must bring a jacket! Bring bug spray, sunscreen, sack lunch, energy snacks, water, camera, hiking poles, first aid, and other hiking gear.
TIME: For total adventure from SLC, allow 7 1/2 hours time.
PROVO RIVER FALLS: On your return drive, stop and see the falls.